I have noticed such an improvement in my health by following an individualized diet, that I began to share health and cooking tips with others. “Eat Right for Your Type,” by Dr. Peter D’Adamo, has helped me achieve a natural health rhythm in my body by eating food that agrees with my blood type. Eating the wrong food can cause harmful chemical reactions and I wondered what foods were wrong for everyone regardless of blood type. Dr. D’Adamo ranked food items into three categories according to blood type compatible:
- Highly beneficial – a food that acts like a medicine
- Neutral – a food that acts like a food
- Avoid – a food that acts like a poison
Food ranked as highly beneficial should be the highlight of your diet. Food in the neutral category can be enjoyed as part of a nutritious diet and do not contain proteins that are harmful for your blood type. Food in the avoid category act like a poison causing harmful reactions with your body’s chemistry. Here is a list of common American foods and drinks everyone should avoid:
Pork, Bacon, Ham, and Goose
- Pork, bacon, and ham are processed and contain nitrates which cause stomach cancer in people with low stomach acid. Type A’s typically have low stomach acid.
- Most of today’s meats are shot up with fat, antibodies, and hormones.
- It is important to consume only lean, chemical-free meat protein.
- “American Cheese” refers to processed cheese slices and small and large blocks of orange, yellow, or white color. Taste and texture depend on the traditional cheese source and amount of additives.
- Dairy products were not a staple of the human diet until much later in evolution and only Type B’s can fully enjoy a variety of dairy food.
- Type O should completely eliminate dairy products and eggs from their diet.
- Dairy increases mucus secretion in Type A’s and Type AB’s.
Corn, Cottonseed, Peanut, and Safflower Oils
- Vegetable oils, corn oil and safflower oil, contain dangerous polyunsaturated fats. The food proteins in these oils cause problems in the digestive tract.
- Olive oil and flaxseed (linseed oil) contain healthy mono-saturated fats that are good sources of nutrition and aid in digestion and elimination.
- Olive oil and flaxseed oil are highly recommended for everyone, help reduce blood cholesterol and have positive affects on the heart and arteries.
- Olives in their natural state require soaking and curing to remove bitter-tasting compounds.
- Modern-day “processed” olives are cured with lye to remove the bitterness, then packed in salt and canned.
- In traditional fermentation, olives are cured in oil, brine, water or salt. This variety contains healthy compounds and active cultures.
- Coconuts are high in saturated fat and provide little nutritional value.
- Type O’s are extremely sensitivity to coconut and coconut-containing products and should read food labels carefully in order to avoid them.
Black Pepper and White Pepper
- Black pepper and white pepper cause stomach irritation in everyone.
- History fact: In ancient times black pepper was used as a currency and offered as a gift to the gods.
- Ketchup contains vinegar (acetic acid), which causes stomach lining irritation in every blood type.
- Vinegar and tomatoes can’t be digested by Type A’s.
- Tomatoes contain proteins lectins dangerous-B.
Distilled Liquor and Soda (Cola)
- Some people may benefit from the positive cardiovascular effects of a daily glass of red wine, which lowers the risk of heart disease in women and men.
- The high fructose corn syrup in sodas and colas leads to weight gain, type 2 diabetes, and an increased risk of heart disease, cancer, and stroke.
- Pure, fresh water and green tea suit your digestive system and support your immune system.
This list of foods that everyone should avoid are common, American favorites. They are also highly marketed and widely available. Avoid these foods and follow an individualized diet plan. You will be able to reverse the progression of disease and improve your overall health. You will feel better and have more energy to do the things you enjoy.